About Our Program:
At JO’s Learning Academy you will find:
● Classrooms staffed by dynamic and experienced DPI-certified teachers who are supported by experienced teaching assistants
● Strong and effective oversight by program’s Executive Director and leadership team
● Ongoing professional development, curriculum support and in-classroom mentoring for Jo’s teachers through a partnership with Cardinal Stritch University.
● Low teacher/child ratios – 20:2
● A state-of the art facility which has been furnished to meet the developmental needs of early elementary children
● Access to current technology, including personal computers and tablets to reinforce early literacy, math and language skills
● Opportunities to learn in an outdoor classroom space with a flower and vegetable garden
● Weekly music education programming provided by the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music
● Science and environmental education provided in partnership with Milwaukee’s Urban Ecology Center at Washington Park.
● Spanish language within the daily curriculum
● Ongoing support from the Milwaukee Public Library (Washington Park Location)
● Educational field trips to locations such as the Milwaukee Public Museum
● Nutritious and healthy meals prepared in a state-of-the-art kitchen
● Collaboration with parents and families, including monthly parent outreach meetings
● Before and After-care and Summer program options
About Our Curriculum:
Our K4 Program uses developmentally appropriate activities as a means for students to learn about the world. We currently implement the Creative Curriculum https://teachingstrategies.com/creative-curriculum-preschool/
which allows students to explore various topics and gain skills in language, literacy, math, gross and fine motor, science and arts as supported by the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards http://www.collaboratingpartners.com/wmels-about.php.